Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Challenges

Today is Ash Wednesday.  That is supposed to make it easy, right? Fasting and all that being somewhat recommended...So WHY, after I had whole grain Cheerios with skim milk for breakfast, a small bowl of vegetarian chili for lunch (along with two 15 minute brisk walks), a snack of whole grain crackers with cheese, and dinner of a small bowl of split pea soup with one piece of whole grain bread DID I JUST INDULGE IN TWO PIECES OF CINNAMON RAISIN PITA BREAD WITH BUTTER AND SPRINKLED SUGAR?  WEEP-WOW (cut to image of "Little Rascals" with that cake busting out of the oven-that is how my stomach feels inside my pants! http://www.picking.com/weepwow.wav

At the next appropriate opportunity, I will make a YOU-turn. I will focus on small changes, like having the same breakfast everyday. By next week I will figure out the same one or two lunches to have every day. Hopefully I will be able to build from there.      

Some good news:  My gym just started a new class called Waga.  I think my yoga instructor invented the idea.  It is yoga in water and it starts on my birthday!

More good news.  I took the real age test and my RealAge is 48.4 years old.    CATHY, DID YOU GET THE BOOK YET?    

No comments: