Wednesday, January 26, 2011
A brand new way to procrastinate
Hello sisters! Well, if I can engage all of you to procrastinate with me, I may just be able to put off getting my insurance license for awhile. My online classes are ending the 31st of this month, so since I am so NOT ready to take the exam, I have decided to renew the class. Hence, day one of procrastination begins. I was wondering if I could get a little advice from some of the best procrastinators I know on the how to's of successful procrastination, as well as re-enter the New Year with the desire to reconnect with my sisters on this blog......sooooooooo.......what should I do next? go to the bathroom? stare out the window? pretend I am working? eat some junk out of sheer boredom? what?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ha! I love it...was just wondering how long I will procrastinate about the little photoshop project Cathy gave me in November. Determined, actually, to not be so like me and miss Aine's birthday March 17th. Let's kick each others' butts on one thing "in the works" with a deadline (real or self-imposed). I have 50 days left, so let's say 40, to give myself time to get it to Cathy to give to Aine.
So, Agnes, how long is your extension on the exam? I'll kick your butt. What's the reward of passing the exam, so you can be encouraged to study? A raise? More challenging work? New bumper sticker?
Okay, I'm psyched to get back to reading the Photoshop book I bought to delay my actual work. Here I'm kidding, because I really do need some technical help...
Now, the rest of you~ chime in with your top project or some helpful ways to help Agnes and me stop procrastinating.
ah, Sheilagh! I wanted ways to procrastinate! But your idea is better~let's see-I have access to the course now till April Fool's Day, giving me 63 days from today~but my goal is to knock it out by Feb.28th, because motorcycle season will be upon us and I can write insurance right here in my 'lil 'ol office and make the commission on it, instead of letting someone else make the money! So I guess that is the reward for me. Now, Sheilagh, your reward is the piece of mind that comes from knowing Cathy won't be badmouthing you for not following through!!!!! hahahhahaahhahahahahaha
"My mother always told me I wouldn't amount to anything because I procrastinate. I said, 'Just wait."
— Judy Tenuta
"Someday is not a day of the week."
— Janet Dailey
"Calvin: You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes: What mood is that?
Calvin: Last-minute panic."
— Bill Watterson
"Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow."
— Denis Waitley
"Why wait, procrastinate now...."
— Ellen DeGeneres
Post a Comment