I was in the dentist's office last week and saw an item in a magazine recommending websites for readers...specifically, places you can visit to keep track of books you've read, and to get ideas on what to read next. I haven't used any of them yet, but I thought it would be fun to share the urls with my sisters, so that we can all play around with the various websites and share our thoughts on which are the best. Personally, I have tons of books at home that I haven't read yet, but I know that every time I am in a bookstore, I am overwhelmed by the choices. It's hard for me to zero in on the next book I might want to read, and these websites actually seem like they might be helpful.
Here they are:
http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com/
http://www.tastekid.com/
http://www.librarything.com/
http://www.shelfari.com/
Some of the websites can be added to blogs, social network sites like Facebook, or as a gadget on your iGoogle homepage.
I just typed in an author on the "whatshouldireadnext" site, and got a list of 10 books to consider reading. Pretty cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very useful tool! After reading your suggestion, I also went to the whatshouldireadnext website. I like the whole concept of typing in a fave author/title and getting suggestions based on what I know I already like. Life is too short to waste time on a lousy book, and help from this website means less disappointing choices...Thanks Sheilagh, or should I say, "Read On, Sister!"
Post a Comment