Last Friday, the Parker sisters who were in Cleveland (Roberta, Bernie, Ruth, Agnes and Sheilagh) met for dinner at Stone Mad, cousin Eileen's fabulous restaurant. I brought a couple of photos taken at the Susan B Komen Race for the Cure to give to Eileen. At the race, cousin Tricia spotted the Parker girls walking just a short distance ahead of the Sammons. Absolutely unplanned; running into them in the midst of thousands of others was really cool, especially since some of us had gone down over the years since Mom died, and it was the first time we saw them without planning to. Right after that, a friend of mine from work spotted me, and she took our picture.
When I gave the pictures to Eileen, and promised to send them out to everyone else, Roberta said I could post them on the blog. So here they are!
3 comments:
SWEET photos, Sheilagh! Thanks for posting the documentation of the fortuitous meeting of the Parker/Sammon clans. What a memorable day! If you double click on the photo, it gets really big for close-up viewing.
If I didn't have insider information, it would be difficult to discern which among us are Sammons and which are Parkers.
Here is to next year!
Sheilagh, once again you have become the unofficial photographer at a memorable event..! Thanks for lugging your camera around and sharing the results..It was really cool how we all met up that day. Next year I plan to actually raise funds and run in the 5K race...anybody else up for that challenge? BRING IT!!
Ruth, I'll BRING IT with $$$$$$!!! Ha Ha. The closest I've ever been to excersize would be thinking about it. and Sheilagh, thanks for the great photos. I loved Eileens' place and spending time with you all when I was there. I still think of the swordfish I had at Stonemad with great fondness.
Post a Comment