Okay, I think it's safe to admit that one + years later, I'm back at the starting gate. Not with "You On a Diet" specifically, but back with South Beach, nearing the end of Phase 1. For those of you who know it, it's basically 2 weeks of no carbs (except a few "good" ones) , no fruit, no alcohol, no sugar or bread, pasta, potatoes. So mostly lean protein, dairy and veggies. I've lost 7 pounds so far, with 2 days to go. Trying to get to the gym for barbells and yoga 3+times per week.
I just re-read the blog archives from Jan, Feb, June and July of last year. It's time to ramp it up again, girls! I talked to Ruth and Cathy this week, and they are both trying to lose weight too. I will leave it to Cathy to share her experience with Weight Watchers, but she is doing great!
Here's the challenge~ can we all become a little less of ourselves than we were last October for the sisters' photo? We have until August. I recommend reading last year's blog entries first, as I did.
Which brings up a couple questions for Agnes~ what happened to the thought for the day? (we know you have a book of quotes or something, right?) I would also enjoy a separate post from Agnes about her new cute little dog Archie, whose photo we've seen but are waiting for the commentary on his acquistion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Way to go Sheilagh! We all know how easy it is to gain weight; and how incredibly difficult it can be to lose it. I also like SB and I am currently loosely following it; I'm calling it Phase I With Some Cheating. Not a very smart recipe for success! I feel I really need to do more cardio and stay completely away from sweets. If only "one bite" was in my dictionary..if only. Slimmer and trimmer silhouettes by August sounds like a reasonable goal. Let's do it.
Isn't this a great time of year to think about a fresh start? Even better than the "new" year. I'm with you Sheilagh ~ or should I say I wish I was with you. 7 pounds lost already! Great job. Our sister's weekend sister's photo is a great incentive to slim down. Just think how much more comfortable sharing those beds will be! Ruth, I agree with you ~ I too need to seriously walk everyday and stay away from all sweets.
Thank you Sheilagh, for the great idea and the gentle push.
Post a Comment