well, girls, I figured out how to get back on.....this is my big fat idea....I am going to try and post a thought for the day and maybe we can start some dialogue on that ...... here goes.....
"I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant and kindness from the unkind. I should not be ungrateful to those teachers" - Kahlil Gibran
so to me, i tend to be very impatient and intolerant, and i have to watch myself for these defects of character. basically, it comes down to the golden rule of "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that is so deep, Agnes. I love you!
Agnes, I love your idea! Maybe all of us reading and commenting on the same quote is more realistic than all of us reading and commenting on the same book! The quote you chose really hit home with me today.
Today I learned politeness from the impolite, appreciation of health from the suffering, and sobriety from the addicted - all in one morning of volunteering at Hospice!
This quote speaks to me about the contribution that our negative experiences make towards building our "character." I have found that in my life, the people that I know who have suffered the most seem to also be the most compassionate. Or maybe more obvious, I have noticed that people that have led fairly sheltered, easy lives with little or no hardship are more self-centered and judgmental.
That Kahlil-what a prophet!
Post a Comment