Wednesday, January 30, 2008

You On a Diet

Well everybody, here we go.  As you know, the first book we have chosen to read is "You: on a diet:The Owner's Manual To Waist Management".  I went to the library and all of the copies were checked out, but I was able to get the audio version- it was this cool newfangled little player that looks like an MP3 and even comes with its own headphones and spare battery.  I also got out the DVD, which featured Dr. Michael Roizen on the PBS special.  If you need a little "momentum" to begin reading the book, it is worth watching to see an actual "omentum".  I "read" the audio book and have begun to make small changes, as suggested. 

Starting this week, I have been mindful of the level of my "tank" before, during, and after eating.  I have found that it has kept me from eating when I am not really hungry and has kept me from getting seconds when I registered full after one bowl of chili and one piece of cornbread tonight.  

Is everybody on board with either purchasing or checking out the book and reading?  If so, I would like to get started discussing and for those who are interested, we could start applying, comparing notes, etc.

Berta XO

For those of you who don't have the book, but are ready to start, check out this link: http://www.realage.com/doctorCenter/Articles.aspx?aid=10447   

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Well Berta, you certainly have inspired me to commit to picking up a copy of the book and get started! Thanks for creating our blog spot. Where do you find the time?